Monday, November 23, 2009

Sony DSLR's...

Each time I bring out my DSLR, Sony Alpha α200 to shoot in events and so on, i get many questions such as:

1) Wat brand is ur camera? When i answer its a Sony, most people will go like...why neva get a Canon or a Nikon?
2) I even got people giving me cynical smiles...
3) I even had people saying, "change to Canon, or Nikon la...if not sure other photographers kutuk wan...."
4) I've got people coming up to me and asking, "Is that a Nikon, when I tell them its a Sony, they will go, owww".....and silent after tat!
5) Then i've got people coming and telling me, hey Sony lenses are expensive huh? I wonder weather they have compared the prices be4 or not.....they will know which is more expensive then!

Sony DSLR's are indeed underdogs in the DSLR industry, but I can say it produces the same level of quality images with Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, and so on. This is because Sony's DSLR's are based on the legendary Konica Minolta DSLR's (Sony bought over KM). Even some of the images sensors used by these cams are produced by Sony!!! Hahahahaha! Ok, what i am trying to imply here is, that the most important thing in photography is the photographer and not the tool....
The tool might help up to a certain extend, but if the photographer doesn't know how to manipulate the tool (DSLR's), then the photos will turn out no better then taken from a camera phone! Quoting from one of the famous photographers, Ken Rockwell...

" Your equipment DOES NOT affect the quality of your image. The less time and effort you spend worrying about your equipment the more time and effort you can spend creating great images. The right equipment just makes it easier, faster or more convenient for you to get the results you need. - Ken Rockwell - Your Camera Does Not Matter, 2005 "

That's from the mouth of the pro himself!!! Have a nice Monday people! :)

1 comment:

  1. whats up dude... i am planning to get a500... wat say u? much difference?

    ReplyDelete